Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lyme Awareness Wallet

Lyme Awareness Wallet
SOLD

This is the first item in the Lyme Awareness Fundraiser here on Upcycled by Ash. If you know me, you know that Lyme disease awareness is something I am passionate about.

I have chronic Lyme disease. I was sick for 10 years before doctors finally figured out what was wrong with me. Up until that point every doctor I saw told me I was fine, there was nothing wrong with me, I was just high strung.

Well that wasn't the case. Now I am 33 years-old and I haven't been able to work for over a year. Last year I was so sick I could barely have a conversation. I couldn't drive myself anyplace and going to the grocery store was an exhausting exercise.

Today I am doing better. I've been in treatment for almost a year and a half. My doctor says I have at least a year to go before I am back to health.

I still can't hold a "real" job, but I have found that I have skills and passions I didn't know about before my illness. I can do something despite being housebound most of the time; In fact I can do big and impactful things in the face my illness.

Many of you know that I started Lymenaide, a Lyme Awareness Agency dedicated to helping non-profits spread awareness about Lyme disease. I am very proud of the accomplishments we have made with Lymenaide so far. 

25% of the proceeds of sales from the Lyme fundraiser will go to Lymenaide, another 25% will go to the Turn the Corner Foundation. The remaining 50% will go to me. Sales from the items I make for this site are currently my only source of income. 

Please buy an item, donate a clothing item or other sewing materials and/or tell people about this fundraiser. You can help spread awareness and make a difference just by spreading the word. 

The Lyme Awareness Wallet is made from faux black leather and a cotton lime green material. The ribbon is reverse applique, meaning I cut the ribbon out of the faux leather and sewed the lime green material under it. 

The interior is a lime green background with black cotton pockets accented with lime green stitching. There are eight credit card slots and two wide slots for bills/checks/receipts. The wallet closes with a single snap.


Price includes shipping and handling. To purchase an item, send an email to me at ashvantol@gmail.com or a tweet @upcycledbyash  


Learn more about Lyme-
www.lymenaide.com
www.lymebites.com
www.learnaboutlyme.com
www.turnthecorner.org

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...