Friday, February 25, 2011

Making an Asian Inspired Quilt

I'm making an Asian inspired quilt. I swore I would never, ever, not in a million years make a quilt. Well... I lied. Although technically I haven't lied yet, the quilt isn't done.

color squares
I really don't know how this happened. OK, that isn't true, I know whose fault it is. Keri Aragon, from String Bean Studios, she is to blame! All I said was that I needed to raise some money and the next thing I knew I was rummaging through my fabric and cutting out squares.

Keri use to make quilts with her grandma. They sold for a pretty penny, which sounds pretty good to me since I am suddenly in the market for a new car and scrambling to figure out how I am going to afford to move in April.

This is a major work in progress. I'm pretty excited about it though. I managed to find a lot of freecycle fabrics that fit together for the project. The majority of the quilt will have to be made from new materials though.

Of course after I got started I couldn't help thinking about all the denim jeans friends have sent me to Upcycle. Now that might make a pretty cool and almost entirely upcycled quilt! I have to focus on one project at a time or I start to go crazy, right now I think I have about four going. Wait no, make that five.

playing with the layout

3 comments:

  1. awesome Ash!!! I love these prints...you know how I gravitate towards the Asian fabric! Can't wait to see what it will look like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilts are fun to make, but can be time consuming. I have made approximately 10 quilts as gifts to others. The joy comes when they are completed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Ash. It will turnout great! I am sure when you are done it will feel like such an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...