Monday, March 21, 2011

Upcycled Jeans Butterfly Bag

Recycled bags are my specialty. It has been a while since I tore apart and recycled jeans. I went over the top with the upcycling of this bag. The lining is an upcycled mens shirt and the recycled butterfly is a piece of an ice skating costume that a friend donated to me.

recycled jeans, recycled mens shirt, recycled figure skating costume
It felt really good to pull my sewing machine out and get back to my upcycled roots. I've got four more pairs of pants on the chopping board right now, exciting! I never know where each project is going to lead me until I get started. I'm pretty sure that there is going to be a dolphin involved with the pair of Alyssa Milano's pants that I just ripped to pieces.

About this Bag-
The jeans were a pair of Rock & Republic donated to me by a friend, the red white and blue striped mens shirt was donated to me by my fellow craftivist Nani of Victorious Vixen and the sequined butterfly was donated by a woman who's daughters use to be competitive figure skaters. Everything came together to make one awesome upcycled bag.

Find this bag and more of my Upcycled by Ash creations for sale in my Etsy store- http://www.etsy.com/shop/upcycledbyash

See some of the bags I have made in the past- http://upcycledbyash.blogspot.com/search/label/Bags

recycled mens shirt as lining
original pocket on the back of the bag

3 comments:

  1. oh wow, this turned out sooooo nice!!!! I'm so thrilled that you were able to use the shirt! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy you used the jeans!! It looks awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful idea! You're very creative. Thanks for sharing. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...