Friday, March 18, 2011

Cash for Trash - Recyclebank

From recycling electronics to cereal boxes Recyclebank.com can help you make money for recycling. Cash for Trash? Sounds good to me!

I was watching The Nate Berkus Show again today, love him, anyway today was all about finding cash you didn't know you had. I was pretty sure there would be no advice in there that would apply to me. There is NO hidden cash in my life. But, I was wrong.

I had no idea that I could be making money for my recycling. Recyclebank strives to inspire people to make a positive impact on the environment by rewarding the green actions they take with "Recyclebank Points". Points can be redeemed for products, discount coupons, gift cards and more.

In some communities you can actually contact your waste management company and find out if they are partnered with Recyclebank. If not there are still plenty of ways to earn points for your recycling, sharing and general green living.  I live in a pretty environmentally conscious community, I'm hopeful they are already on board with the program. If they aren't, you can be sure I will be suggesting it.

Recyclebank has a great site that is easy to navigate, something I really appreciate. They also have tons of suggestions on how to live green. The topics are very diverse, it isn't all about recycling. I found a great article that was right up my alley, all about no-cost home improvement. In other words, upcycling.

Another cool program I didn't know about was Best Buy's Trade-In. You can trade in select electronics and get Best Buy gift cards in exchange. Best Buy will also recycle a variety of electronics and office products for you. Live green and keep those things out of the landfills. 

I definitely recommend checking Recyclebank.com out. If you are a Best Buy shopper, check out their program too. Who knows how much money you are throwing out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...