Monday, August 20, 2012

Best Chicken Salad Recipe EVER

Best Chicken Salad Recipe Ever
I seriously make the best chicken salad. I love it, during the summer I make it almost every week! Everyone who tries it asks for the recipe, so here it is.

Ingredients

  • 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts. (I always get organic)
  • 1/2 - 2/3 cup Mayonaise 
  • 1 1/2 cups green grapes halved
  • 4-5 stalks celery sliced
  • 1/3 cup currants
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1-2 TBS tarragon chopped
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • grapeseed or other cooking oil
Directions
  1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In an oven safe dish coat your chicken breast with oil, salt and pepper
  3. Cook the chicken until done, about 20 mins.
  4. You can cube your chicken now or wait until it cools. I often cook my chicken the day before I am going to make my salad.
  5. When the chicken is cold and cubed, add the rest of the ingredients and mix it all together. 
  6. Taste test and see if you need more salt, pepper or tarragon
  7. Eat up! 
You can alter the recipe to your taste. I like to have a lot of celery and grapes in mine. I love tarragon and I think it is the secret to this amazing chicken salad, not everyone is a fan though. It still works if you leave the tarragon out. I have replaced it in the past with fresh oregano. 

I hope you enjoy this Chicken Salad as much as my family does!!!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...