|Caprese Breakfast Recipe Ingredients|
The Way to a Man's Heart is Through His Stomach
I think my boyfriend feel in love with me because of this breakfast. I'm not even kidding. It was the first meal I ever made for him and he has talked about it, begged for it and told me I should start a restaurant because of it, ever since.
The recipe is very simple, the hardest part is not breaking the yolk of your over easy egg. You will need a frying pan, toaster, cutting board, knife, spatula, plate, and a fork.
Ingredients needed per person-
- 1 egg
- 1 piece toast
- baby spinach, small handful
- 6 basil leaves, torn
- 5 boconccini (fresh mozzarella balls about 1' in diameter), cut in half
- 6 cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 TBS pesto
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
Get everything out, these are really quick to make, you won't want to be getting anything out of the fridge at the last minute.
- Cut your tomatoes and cheese
- Tear (or cut) your basil
- Oil your frying pan and put it on Med. heat
- Put your bread in the toaster
- Cook your egg over easy, add salt and pepper to taste
- While it is cooking your bread should finish toasting, spread your pesto on the bread. Put it on plate.
- Your egg should be done, throw it on top of the pesto toast (I like to break the yolk now so it runs all over)
- Put the basil, spinach, tomatoes and cheese on top of the egg
- Drizzle the whole thing with olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- EAT, YUMMY