Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Watercolor Class

Inspiration
I saw this cute little watercolor and I though, "I can do that". So I pulled out my paints, bushes, paper and sponges. I put the colors I needed on a palate I took my sponge and wet my paper. I was feeling pretty confident. 30 minutes later I wadded up my 5th attempt. I so can not do that. I have no idea how to paint. I've never really painted anything with watercolors.

I was frustrated. I'm use to figuring anything artsy out myself. Painting apparently takes real technique. Sewing and crafting I somehow manage to fake. Not that I don't know what I'm doing, I just don't usually follow directions or do it the way you are "supposed" to. This is why I don't sew clothes.

I told my frustrated self to suck it up and admit I didn't know how to do something and then do something about it. I marched straight to my computer and found a local art league that has watercolor classes. I signed up for a 5 week class that starts next week.

I will paint this picture. Just you wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...