Upcycled By Ash is proud to announce our online auction for the National Wildlife Federation. We've gathered a group of talented and compassionate crafters to contribute to our effort to raise funds for NWF, and to recognize the environmental destruction that took place in the Gulf of Mexico one year ago.
This week marks the anniversary of the devastating oil rig explosion and spill that swept the gulf, poisoning the environment and the wildlife inhabiting it. A heart breaking number of animals lost their lives and countless were severely injured and displaced. Sadly, animals residing in the gulf are still appearing covered in oil today. These innocent creatures are paying the price for human error and destruction.
Actress Alyssa Milano, a genuine supporter of the NWF and its efforts, donated her jeans to Upcycled by Ash to be recycled and used for our cause. Ash upcycled two pairs of Alyssa's pants into eco-friendly bags which are available for bidding in the auction, alongside the many other beautifully handcrafted items donated by passionate crafters.
The Upcycled by Ash auction to benefit the National Wildlife Federation will run from Sunday April 17 through Saturday April 23 on the Upcycled by Ash facebook page.
How to participate:
- "Like" the Upcycled by Ash page on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Upcycled-by-Ash/143109902388135
- Go to the photo album "National Wildlife Federation Auction". This is where the auction and bidding are taking place. - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.203155696383555.51473.143109902388135
- To bid, leave a comment with your bid under each item that you wish to bid on. Note - You must "like" the Upcycled by Ash facebook page in order to leave comments/bids.
Don't miss out on the giveaway
component of our auction!
Our giveaway features 12 items donated by the various crafters who donated to the auction. One lucky winner will win all 12 items! You only have to do one of the following to enter but are welcome to do as many as you like to increase your odds of winning.
How to enter the giveaway:
- Place a Bid, each bid placed will also count as 1 ENTRY EACH into the giveaway
- Write a Blog Post, write a post about this auction on your blog. 5 ENTRIES. You must include links to upcycledbyash.blogspot.com, the auction, and your favorite item/artist's online shop, blog or facebook page if provided. Leave a comment on the giveaway photo in the auction with the link to your post - leave comment here, https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=203439823021809&set=a.203155696383555.51473.143109902388135&type=1&theater
- Write a Facebook Note, follow the directions for a writing a blog post, but post it as a note from your personal facebook page. You must tag 30 people in the note to receive the 5 ENTRIES. Don't forget to tag Upcycled by Ash in the note so we know that you wrote it and shared it with your friends.
- Share, share the link to the auction album and/or your favorite items on facebook. 1 ENTRY EACH. Be sure to tag @Upcycled by Ash in your post so we know you shared.
- Tweet, tweet about the auction and/or your favorite items on twitter. 1 ENTRY EACH. Be sure to mention @upcycledbyash in your tweet so we know you tweeted.
Thank you for your support and participation. Please help us spread the word about this auction to benefit the National Wildlife Federation by sharing the links with your friends and family. Together we can make a difference!
Here are a few of the awesome auction items
Upcycled Turtle bag made from Alyssa Milano's pants.
12 Eco-Friendly Sea Turtle Soy Crayons
Fair Trade Bangle Bracelet
Upcycled Messenger Tote made from Actor Keith Powell's pants
Vintage Butterfly & Recycled Paper Bead Necklace
Upcycled Piping Plover