Wednesday, July 21, 2010

In the Works


I've been feeling pretty craptastic over the past week. I've been MIA on facebook, twitter, with my friends, pretty much with life. I am finally really starting to feel better. I did already say that a few days ago, I think the nasty bugs heard me and decided to teach me a lesson. I was back in bed by the end of the day!

I have, however, been minorly productive. The image at the top of the page is for a new wallet I am working on. I've made a few quilted wallets in the past, this is my first attempt at one with an image. I think it looks pretty cool. The ladies at the quilting class I went to couldn't believe I was going to fold it up into a wallet. I guess they think I should hang it on the wall.

I love that all the fabric I used for this one was given to me by others who didn't have any use for the scrapes. So far, aside from the interfacing, this one is all upcycled fabrics!

Last week I decided I was going to take an Ugly Knit challenge. I can't for the life of me remember which website was running the competition. I remember the prize was a new sewing machine. I don't need one of those so I guess the competition doesn't matter. I have still accepted the challenge.

The rules of the Ugly Knit Off  were simple. Find some knits that you deem ugly, since this is an upcycle challenge, they have to be items you already own. Turn those ugly things into something new and cute!

My sister has a habit of giving me hand-me-downs. There are two things wrong with this situation. #1 I am the big sister! #2 my little sister is six feet tall, she has boobs and she is built nothing like me. Her clothes don't fit me at all, I look like I am drowning in them.

For some reason I kept a few of the shirts she gave me last year. They were perfect for the Ugly Knit challenge!!! You want to know what the best part is? She is going to get those shirts back. Well her daughter is anyway.

I made these cute pants out of one of the shirts. The hearts are from the other shirt which I plan to make into a cute little top to match. My niece will probably appreciate the outfit more than my dog does. Someone had to model the pants though!

4 comments:

  1. I don't know if my other comment showed up but I was signed in under my husband (John) so you wouldn't know who it was from any way! You are so talented!!!!! I am so impressed with all you do and you are far from lazy! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ash, the wallet top is super cute!! I can't wait to see what the finished product will look like. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seeing this makes me wish I was more crafty. I can barely sew in a straight line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...