Saturday, October 23, 2010

Blessing in Disguise


I have been without Internet at my house for over a week now. I am totally addicted and going through withdrawal. I have an iPhone so I have been getting a little fix everyday, but it just isn’t the same.

I feel like I have no idea what is going on in my world right now. What did we do before we had facebook twitter and our blogs consuming every minute of everyday?

So right now I am sitting in a closet typing this post and a bunch of others in word. Later I’ll go to a cafĂ© in town to actually post them. 

Yes, I am sitting, on the floor, in our upstairs closet- it’s cold. We hang our wet clothes in here when they come out of the washing machine and turn on a space heater. This is the warmest place in our very cold house. Sorry no pictures, but I am sitting right next to the vacuum cleaner if that helps with your visual, and a kayak paddle.

As frustrated as I have been with the lack of Internet, I have to admit I have managed to get a lot more done. I finished the bag I was working on for the Gulf, the one I made out of Alyssa Milano’s pants. I finished a custom bag for my friend Ginger, I am half way through another custom bag for Anna in Australia. I made five mini wallets and one full size wallet with a zip. And, I created the Eco Dollies. I also spent a lot more time cooking, went for a walk with a friend and got my hair cut so I can be beautiful for the Turn the Corner Gala. Oh, and I got a part-time job for this winter. Gosh, my grandparents were up too and I went to dinner with them, made some earrings and the Knotted Lyme Awareness Bracelets.

Seriously, I might be better off without the Internet, I don’t remember the last time I got that much done in one week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...