Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Hootie the Upcycled Owl

Hootie the Upcycled Owl

This tutorial, It’s a Hoot! Felt Owls from Styrofoam Balls, caught my eye a while back. Of course I couldn't make my owl out of felt. I pulled out my stash of FabMo fabrics and voila, It's a Hoot got Upcycled! 

He turned out pretty cute but he was a lot more work than I had anticipated. I used permanent fabric adhesive glue, instead of a glue gun as they did in the felt tutorial, to minimize fraying. 

When my niece saw him she immediately claimed him. Hootie is going to be a gift for her favorite babysitter. 

Originally I thought this would be a good craft to do with the kids. I usually test out any projects I find myself before sitting the kids down and I'm really glad I did. This was way too much cutting out of small pieces and somewhat precise gluing for little fingers. Perhaps the felt version is a bit easier to handle, but the hot glue gun is a bit of the worry for the younger ones. 

The Original Felt Owls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...